In this year of global challenges, Mechanical Products, and its valuable business partners, worked together to continue their mission to provide high quality thermal protection devices that are designed and manufactured to offer a competitive advantage with a commitment to meeting on-time delivery, and continuous improvement while doing so safely.
What went well this year? A few notable achievements
- MP launched its Part Configurator and 3D modeling tool powered by Cadenas to help customers select and specify MP’s line of thermal circuit breakers into their new product designs. Watch the How it Works video.
- Covid-19 disrupted typical business practices. This presented challenges that we quickly overcame to provide a safe working environment for employees while maintaining production efficiencies and on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Covid-19 had an impact on our competitive landscape and MP was able to step up and assist these now NEW customers in ensuring successful fulfillment of their circuit breaker needs.
- MP established a 3PL Euro Warehouse in the Netherlands enabling us to support customers across the continent.
- New production lines were added in the U.S.& China factories to accommodate increased business levels and new products.
- A Marketplace Supplier relationship was established with Digi-Key Marketplace to support engineering and prototype requirements for design-in specification efforts.
- MP developed and released the patent pending Series 53 Disconnect Circuit Breaker which incorporates the features of traditional battery disconnect switching and circuit protection for auxiliary circuits into a single compact device.
- MP participated in the IBEX Virtual Exhibit and Conference. MP was the recipient of the IBEX award for the S53. IBEX is North America's leading technical boat-building showcase.
- MP completed an ISO Certification renewal audit in November furthering our commitment to quality processes and products as we continue to gain market share.
- Record OEM growth on direct accounts and through MP authorized distributors.
Next year what to expect / goals
- Continue market share gains and securing of new long-term business partnerships.
- MP will attend the NTEA Work Truck Week virtual event to be held on March 9th thru March 12th
- Expansion of the Part Configurator to add new products.
- Release of a new patent pending switchable breaker.
- Release of the new patent pending X6 Battery Switch.